Friday, July 31, 2009

SHOW US YOUR LIFE- Wedding Party and Flowers/Ceremony


I love Kelly's Korner and every bit of her southern ways, so I am going to participate in her SHOW US YOUR LIFE Friday. This week was weddings.


Justin and I got married right when I graduated college, meaning pretty much the month after I moved home from my four years at Tech. Without my mother, none of the wedding would have happened. She helped with every piece to the big day. That short month was full of so much change. I moved back to Arlington, got married, got my first job, and moved in a new house Justin and I had been building. I took on a lot of new responsibility for a young 22 year old, but I loved it, and have loved my married life. I would not change a thing.
I loved my wedding. We were married June 12, 2004. The wedding was at First United Methodist Church in downtown Arlington. That is the church in which I was raised, and it is gorgeous church, so it made the perfect wedding day setting. The reception was at Rolling Hills Country Club.

We had six bridesmaids/groomsmen who were close family and friends. I loved sharing our special day with our dearest friends and family. The bridesmaids wore pink dresses with a black tie around the waist. Lately I have seen wedding gowns that have a black tie around the middle and I think it looks really nice.

Going into the wedding I wanted all my flowers pink. My florist put a stop to that idea and opened my mind to a more colorful mix. They turned out prettier than anything I could have imagined.

The only thing I worried about on the day of my wedding was my cake arriving to the reception hall in one piece. It did, was perfect, and very tasty as well. Justin's cake was so good, and a few people tell me to this day that his chocolate cake was the best chocolate cake they have ever had. Quite a compliment!!!

This is my Nanny, my mother's mom. She loved Justin so much and was thrilled that I was getting married. Justin was always so wonderful to her, he would go visit her before we were even married in Decatur when he was that way for business. She always considered him a grandson. I wanted to include this picture because I think she was as excited I was that Justin was becoming a part of our family.


I thoroughly enjoyed my wedding, and it has been fun reminiscing the night. Although not every day has been sweetness and light, as I said earlier I would not change a thing!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I loved this post! We had such an awesome time at your wedding and I am still so grateful to have been chosen to be a part of your special day. Love you!

Kyle and Marci said...

Gorgeous wedding!! Isn't it fun to take a walk down memory lane...

Claire said...

Your wedding was gorgeous! I love how happy everyone looks!

Cxx

Unknown said...

The cakes look so yummy.
How pretty you look. Everyone looks terrific. And your flowers are beautiful!