We are definitely in a season of change. If you know anything about me, you know I am not a fan of change. I cried for about 3 months straight and wasted away to bones when I left for college. I felt like half my life had died...disappeared, and in many ways it had. Nothing was ever the same once I moved to Lubbock. But it turned out to be the best four years of my life to that point. I learned, I changed, I grew up, I made new friends, and I became independent...an adult. When I got married, I struggled with the drastic shift in my life. Justin and I probably had more "discussions" in those first few months than we have had in the remaining 4.5 years. I had to evolve to my new life, and it wasn't easy. Even bringing Caroline home was a major adjustment, as it is for most parents. Nonetheless, I do like small changes, it keeps my life from getting mundane. But big changes, not so much.
I am sure you have seen the posts about the move, well our home sold in about a week after being listed. It officially had a contract we agreed upon on September 26th, and we had to be out by October 28th. Moving has been incredibly difficult for me, yet exciting at the same time. I never thought we would live there forever, and always knew moving day would come. But still, it was bittersweet. I dearly love our neighbors and their children. This was our first home, we built it together. We brought Caroline home here. Leaving this house felt like I was leaving a piece of me. I know it was just four walls, but was special.
"The only thing that stays the same is everything changes, everything changes."
That song sings of a human truth. Life is about change, "the only constant is change."
Although moving was hard, the reason we are moving is joyful and exciting. Around mid summer Justin and I began tossing the idea around of buying a lot and building. We always planned on building our next home since that is Justin's line of work, but planned to do it in Ft. Worth. After surveying our options in Ft. Worth we determined that was not going to be feasible, so began looking around Mansfield. We found a community we fell in love with, put a bid on a foreclosed lot never dreaming we would get it, and got it. I had prayed a specific prayer a couple of weeks back asking the Lord to give us guidance and make it an easy process if this is what was meant to be, and everything has been that way. The windows in this process have been open wide. As soon as our bid was accepted, we put our house on the market and it sold.
We have now designed our home and are in the stages of financing and permits. We are hoping to get this home off the ground at the beginning of December. Justin thinks construction will take about 6 months so we hope to be in our home sometime this summer. We are currently in with my parents and enjoying the company and help.
7 comments:
That is my #1 favorite Bible verse... I really do believe everything happens for a reason! I can't wait to see your new house in the summer!
Everything dose happen for a reason! Been meaning to ask you how boomer is doing Darlin,? Say hey to Justin, Caroline and your parents for me since their my in laws LOL!
Allison, I am not even exaggerating when I say this, but you just described my life. I was the exact same way in college and have felt the same way with every new thing. Marriage, babies, moving... I don't adjust well to big change and it takes me a long time to process. It always turns out just fine, but the process is overwhelming. It something I am working on and feel like I have made progress in. I was actually fixing to post about it in the next few weeks.
I love that post, as you know I can relate and I am the type who welcomes and loves change and new things. I still feel like a part of me will be missing when we leave the home that our babies first lived in. I love that bible verse!!!! I am so glad that God brought us together so many years ago, He knew without a doubt that we would be constantly going through the same changes and same stages of life at the same times, we have had each other to lean on and here we are again in the same "season". I love you so much!
What a great post!! I do believe that everything happens for a reason!! I just love watching Caroline grow up, she is precious. I just read that you are building a house in Mansfield! What community is it in? We live in the Southwind Community by joe pool lake.
Congrats on your new home. Sounds like God really had a hand in this. What community are you building in? Toby and I toss around the idea of buying a lot and building as well.
I definitely know what you mean about it being hard to leave your first house! This was one of the hardest things I have done. But again, it will be a good change. Great post!
Post a Comment