Thursday, November 26, 2009

Two Families, Two Thanksgiving Dinners, Twice the Fun

Happy Thanksgiving all. I hope every ones day was as full and fun as ours. What is better than family, food, and football...not much!

We began the day with Justin's side of the family at Granny's house. Her fireplace was going when we walked in, it smelled like all sorts of yummy food, and it just felt like a traditional family Thanksgiving, so cozy and perfect. We ate tons of everything, and I pigged out on the mashed potatoes because my side of the family does not do mashed potatoes. Are they crazy, I think so! Anyway, Caroline loves eating, playing with Macy and Ayva, and being loved on by Justin's mom and Granny so she had a blast.
Loving some pie and snuggles from Grammy.Playing with Sarita and Ayva. Macy and Ayva, both these girls are beautiful and so sweet.
Ayva fixing Caroline's hair. Good luck with that, Ayva! Ayva is always dressed adorable and she has a bow with all outfits.
Caroline in mid conversation, telling me about something!
Caroline with a sweet smile I have never seen before.

Late in the afternoon we went to my Thanksgiving. Between all the dogs and people I believe there were 21 beating hearts at the house, but we would not have it any other way. My family cooked enough food to feed an army, and decided to fry turkeys and jalapenos this year. The turkeys were a hit, and the jalapenos with some, but others couldn't handle them, me included.

Justin carving his fried turkey.My favorite desert of the day, might not be traditional, but it was yummy.Caroline was the head of the table, sitting on phone books and all.Caroline looks as if someone scratched her up, I think a few mosquitoes got her on our walk a few days ago.My sister Andrea and the Texas Techsan Alyssa, who I am forcing to love and embrace the red and black.Michaela and me, she spent the day with us!Justin mid bite and Caroline.Mark and his beloved Gidget. The pretty Middleton children.
Chris and his precious girlfriend Macy.

What a fun day. Caroline came home and crashed tonight. I think I might get out with all the crazies tonight and search out some bargains.
Let the Christmas music begin.
e

3 comments:

Julie said...

Looks like you had a great day! I hope you found some good bargains. I heard Grapevine Mills opened at midnight...crazy!!

ChelseaSalomone said...

Love the pictures!! Great ones of you, too- blue is definitely a good color for you! I can't remember if I posted this on your blog a while ago, or just thought about doing it- is that Sarita Houdmann? I was friends with her in like 4th grade, and then she moved I think. Is she married to Justin's brother? What is she up to now days?

Nicole said...

Sister Allison, I'm Thankful for You, Justin, Sweet Caroline as well as Mike, Dru, Cayla, Andrea, Jesse and Their Mom my Step Mom! I'm Thankful for brother Mark you As My Sister and Your Parents for my In Laws!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You for being apart of my life I love you all with all my heart I'm so blessed to be an Aunt love being an Aunt most improtantly I love my Entire Family I don't know what I'd do without any of you! Your the best Family I could ever have in life I have a B.Day gift for you Sister but it'll be a little late sorry about that I know next Thursday is your B.Day Your Special Day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you bunches give my love to everyone!