One of Papa's favorite things=fishing. One of Papa's favorite people=Caroline. Combine the two and I think he is as close to heaven as it gets here on earth.

Really, he has been talking to her about fishing since about day 3 of her life. About a week ago was the first official Papa and Caroline fish date. Caroline's been out on the boat and done all that, but actually seen Papa fish...never!

Caroline was super excited, and really curious about the nasty....

WORMS!!!!!!!! EWWWW! (On a side note, please forgive Caroline's hair do. She's at that stage where we basically have to sit on her to do her hair. And, for those of you who don't know about the process of doing her hair, it's not an easy, fast fix.)

Papa had to put the bait on his own line, no one was willing to help.

Boomer enjoyed the trip to the pond as well.

Anyway, after fishing the middle of the pond a while, Papa moved his line closer to the edge in hopes of something. Well something came and kept coming. He caught probably about 10 little perch, or whatever they are called.

Caroline squealed and loved the fish, but wouldn't get too close. She made sure they were tossed back into the lake promptly! She is not so sure about the slimy creatures, but heck neither am I and I'm 29 and have been dragged fishing my entire life. I would say though, that Caroline loved her first fishing experience and I'm sure many more are in store for her!
4 comments:
Cute pics Alli! Caroline is getting sooo big!
That is so sweet! She'll have great memories with her grandpa.
great grandpa memories!!!!!!!!
SO cute! I cant touch the fish either!
Post a Comment