Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Picnic

For Mother's Day I requested a relaxing picnic at the park.  With the hustle and bustle of our every day lives I never feel like we get enough time to have fun together, so that is what I wanted.   Since tomorrow if full of graduation celebrations for my sister, we went tonight and we had a great time.

I had training all day, so when I got home everything was packed and ready. I was given strict instructions not to snoop into the picnic stuff.
We arrived at Rose park for our picnic and sat up right by the pond. Carter was perfect and loved all the action.  Caroline was so proud that she helped Dad get ready and plan the picnic.
You wouldn't let your little girl out of the house with crazy hair like this?  Yeah, me neither. Then I had a three year old who is so independent and thrives on getting herself dressed and doing her own hair. I only fight the battle when absolutely necessary; church, special occasions, school, etc.
Caroline and Justin packed my favorites....tuna fish salad, salt and vinegar chips, frosted animal crackers, and they even made confetti cupcakes which are my ABSOLUTE favorite.  If I could have I would've had a confetti cake wedding cake.
Enjoying our food. We've had a picnic set since we got married, and I'm pretty sure today was the first day we've ever used it.  The glasses it has look like wine glasses. 
 Carter even got his food at the picnic.
 Here's the aftermath...dirty face, but happy boy!
After dinner Caroline took all the bread scraps and threw them into the pond hoping to attract ducks.  The  only thing that came near were about 8 turtles and a couple of NASTY snakes. Yes, snakes.  Since I hate those little creatures so much I kept a safe distance. There were some Mansfield cops cruising the park and I was seriously contemplating telling them they need to do something about those nuisances before someone was bitten. I'm not exaggerating when I say we saw at least a five and they do NOT shy away from people.

My Mother's Day celebration was nice and tonight as I was putting Carter to bed I couldn't help but think of how blessed I feel that God gave me these two special people to love and care for.  I never knew my heart could feel so full and love so much. Motherhood is a gift, and I'm doing my best to enjoy every minute and be thankful for being entrusted with these two kids. I have so much I want to teach them and protect them from, in hopes that they will grow to be good hearted, caring, happy, Christian adults.  I hope you all have a Happy Mother's Day spent with the ones you love most.      

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! That was very thoughtful of Justin and Caroline to make what you want. I know Caroline had fun because she loves picnics. Happy Mother's Day to an amazing mother. I couldn't be more proud!!!