Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Carter's Baptism

Last Sunday, March 11th we baptized Carter. We are Methodist and Methodist's typically baptize infants, we chose to do this with Caroline and Carter. While Justin and I are not always as open and forth coming with our faith as we should be, we both have a strong belief in Jesus Christ and it is our desire to raise our children as Christians. I also love our church and I look forward to my kids getting involved.
I was a bit nervous about a few things; falling down the stairs
(which has happened at a baptism before and it was awful), Caroline's behavior, Carter spitting up on the Pastor, but everything went perfect. We had tons of family there so that made it extra special as well. I had worked hard picking out Caroline and Carter's matching outfits for the big day, but it was so cold I just scrapped them. I got over it and just dressed them the best I could, that is not what is important anyway.


After church, all the family came to our house for burgers and hot dogs. That made for a fun afternoon!

Here's Carter hanging out with the family later in the day, I just LOVE him in hats.

Sunday also happened to be his 5 month birthday. He is getting so big oh so fast! Some quick things about 5 months; I think he is around 17 lbs and getting bigger by the day. He is in size 2 diapers and I'm mostly buying 6-9 month stuff, although he can still fit in 3-6 month clothing. He is great at rolling over and tummy time, but not so great at sleeping. He is still very inconsistent, some nights he only wakes up once but others it is up to 5 times a night. We have let him cry for long amounts of time and he just works himself up even more. I'm busy reading and trying different strategies, tonight he is sleeping with a new sound machine thanks to Granny. Something is surely going to work one of these days. He loves his food; carrots, cereal, sweet potatoes and squash. I think his least favorite is squash, but he'll tolerate it. He is still very expressive and a loving little boy. We just love him to the moon and back. It's hard to believe that next month will be 6 months. I'm sure I'll turn around and blink and it'll be time to plan his big day!

2 comments:

Justin*Tara*LucasWhite said...

Congrats to Carter!

Abby Batlle said...

Love that sweet Carter and Caroline! And I love him in hats too!