Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter Wonderland


I loved, loved, loved the snow. It was so beautiful and lasted for around 18hours for a grand total of near 10 inches of snow. All of this in Arlington, Texas!! Amazing!!!

Although I was not too disappointed when school was not called, by the time I got to school I was in no mood to be trapped in a classroom all day. I know my students felt the same way, so we took it easy. I wish we could have gone outside to make snowmen and throw snowballs, but I had kids show up in shorts and with light coats. (We actually had two fifth graders with shorts on. I know my student has pants, probably multiple pairs, but refuses to wear them.) As soon as the bell rang I was out the door. Following my tires spinning through the parking lot, and after I rolled down the window and a huge pile of snow fell in my lap, I had minimal trouble getting home. Once we got home, it was right outside for all of us.


Caroline LOVED the snow, maybe a little too much. Her and Boomer both were running around and eating the snow. Boomer destroyed my snowman a few times (that I independently built myself), and I was not too happy. Caroline then decided she did not need her gloves so she had to go in, not to her liking at all.


Caroline eating the snow! Bare handed!!

Boomer seems well adapted for the snow.
I'm pretty proud of my snowman, regardless of his trashy appearance. This is the first snowman I have ever built by myself! It was easy, not sure why I haven't built one before.
Today was perfect. I loved every second. While I would not like this weather for weeks or months on end, I wish it would be more than a once in a lifetime event. What a special day!!

3 comments:

Paige said...

That snowman has the tiniest little beetlejuice head! Blake went out with out mittens three times today and had really red hands.

the tatsaks said...

BEAUTIFUL pics! Glad you get to be home tomorrow to enjoy it!

Kelly said...

wow, 10 inches of snow! thats quite a bit!! we have hardly had any this winter.