Monday, February 13, 2012

4 months and other stuff

This little blue eyed boy is 4 months. When Caroline was a baby it seemed like an eternity until she was 4 months, I feel like Carter got there in a blink of an eye.
In front of the camera for once!

At four months Carter seems to be changing daily. I am sure the normal person wouldn't notice or care, but every day he is doing something new. He reaches, grabs, and hits at everything he sees. Today he was basically beating on his rainforest bouncer to get the music to play, or at least I think that is why. If you put him down, he is going to roll right over, and then back over again usually into a puddle of spit up. He still smiles easily but has begun to really chuckle often...love that noise! The past couple of days he seems to be sleeping a bit better, day and night. We are getting hour stretches during the day, and at night he is eating and going right back down again. Thank goodness. Hopefully, we will be starting food soon and he'll begin going longer without being fed.
Speaking of being fed, I decided to get really adventurous and make some baby food. This is something that is completely unnatural and out of my comfort zone but I went for it anyway. I made sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots. They are currently frozen and awaiting his first meal. I'm not in a big rush to start on food, but I had some time this weekend so I decided to go ahead and make some. I always wanted to make baby food for Caroline but never got around to it. If I can keep it up, it sure will save a lot of money. The veggies were around $5 total and it made about 50 small servings.
Carter in his bean bag at 4 months. I really need to work on my photography skills, he's way overblown here. Oh well, you can still see his cuteness.

This little guy weighs a whopping 15lbs 11 oz. I'm pretty sure Caroline was 13 something at 4 months so he's got some size on her. Unfortunately we spent the week going back and forth from the doctor, or Justin and the kids did. He was super dad this week as we had illness strike our home. Caroline had RSV, I had a terrible cold...possibly RSV, and Carter luckily only had a cold. I was getting nervous Carter had been exposed and was coming down with RSV, but nope just a cold. By Sunday we all were feeling better, which we were thankful for because Andrea, Jesse, and Maddy were in town. Now onto this terrific three year old. Caroline has become a puzzle girl. She is so interested and engaged by working a puzzle. I've said countless times that she hardly sits still, but she will sit and work a puzzle for 20 minutes. I'm so proud of her, she works at it and problem solves so well!
Have I mentioned she is also a fabulous big sister? She loves her brother so much, he is one lucky little boy.

4 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

I'm still waiting for the day when D rolls over. He did twice one day, but has not done it since.

Carrie said...

Carter is precious!

the tatsaks said...

He is precious!!!! See ya tomorrow:)

Regina said...

What a little man! So cute! And Kelly has always loved puzzles too.