Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mother's Day

Oh how I love that sweet face. I am so thankful to be her mother, so proud to have the role of raising this dear child and be called Mama!
Mother's Day was a perfect day! It all began before church and continued through lunch at Granny's house and a late afternoon visit to Grandma. Justin woke up and cooked waffles for the family. He then presented me with a camera bag. Now I'm not going to lie, I was probably being a bit bratty but trying not to show it because I was really hoping for a necklace I had picked out. After letting me admire the bag for a while and believe that was my gift, he told me to dig in a pocket. I did, and guess what??? It was my necklace, a beautiful necklace from the Vintage Pearl with Caroline's name engraved. I love, love, love it, and have been wearing it daily!! After a moving church service, Granny cooked pot roast (I love her pot roast) and most of the family came to Mansfield for lunch. Justin's family has become mine, and I truly enjoy the time I spend with them.
Four generations

It took many pictures like this before we finally achieved in getting Caroline to smile.
Caroline and the big girls.
Caroline and Andrea


Growing up, I never really appreciated my Mom as I should, and I probably still don't. On Mother's Day we didn't take pictures or do anything elaborate, but I do want to take a moment to express my gratitude for her sacrifice, love, hard work, and patience then and still today. I would not be the woman or mom I am today without her. She pushed me and didn't back down, she disciplined and followed through, she loved and displayed her love, she felt pride and let me know she was proud. Today she still puts us before herself. She has opened her home to my family, cooked us many a meal, babysits Boomer when we leave town, and above all watches my precious One three days a week. I love her and hope to be the strong mother she was and still is.

Mother's Day was a beautiful day for me, and I hope it was just as wonderful for my Mom, Mother in Law, and Caroline's two Great Grandmothers. These woman teach me much about the journey of motherhood.

5 comments:

Lisa and Ryan said...

Sounds like a fun day! How is your house coming along?

Unknown said...

CAroline is getting more beautiful by the day!

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a fabulous mother's day, Alli :) You are an AMAZING mom, sister, friend, wife, and beautiful lady!!Miss you

Shannon

the tatsaks said...

Allison, you are wonderful mommy!!! Glad you had a good day! I want one of those necklaces too!

Summer said...

the picture of caroline crying looks very similar to one of kynli that i have on my blog from mother's day! glad you had a great mother's day. caroline is just precious!